Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Art In The City and Art Life Style Shows

sorry this is kinda late to talk about it but better late then never right...

so this summer I have met new people in the local art world, two of which are Derick Benetez Bryant and Ayinde Kwaku Purell. (http://benetez3.com and http://ayinde.artistportfolio.net respectively)

Benetez invited me to display my work with him at the Art In The City show at the Metro Cafe July 12th 2008. along with me and Benetez was the music inspired artist Jeffery McCauley of the DC area. Each of us painted a model/waitress/bartender.
^setting up for the show
^2 of the body art models who loved my flamenco painting. especially Liz (left) whom I painted and is a dancer herself.



2 weeks later Ayinde invited me to be a part of his Art Life Style Tour at the 202 Lounge July 25th 2008. two other artists were featured in the show and Ayinde also painted 2 models with body art.


^Imhotep Hester (Bull City Clothing) and I (Photos by Peter Brooks)
^Ayinde and I poseing for a The Real NC (Photos by Peter Brooks)