Sunday, August 16, 2009

Julie is applying for a grant from MTV

Please click the link above, scroll down a little and click "Nominate Studio" in the purpleish box on the right side under "MTV - Track Artwork Collaboration with..."

PLEASE help me out! If you have to sign up to vote, please do and stay on the site if you are an artist because you can win grants from other companies too!

I would be estatic to earn this oppotunty to do the artwork for this project. I relate to this project because I have particiapted in simular service trips and I fallowed Travie's trip through his online blog and was really inspired by it. This whole thing MTV has set up is really my cup of tea. Not only do I think I would be the perfect person to do the artwork but I think it would challenge me to do more innovative and original work. Painting from photos is great but I want to do more out-of-the-box pieces.

Grant Description:
Grant amount: $1,000
"We're offering an exclusive opportunity for one artist to design track artwork for Travis McCoy's global charity single. The track, which is currently being written by McCoy, is inspired by his recent travels with MTV's Staying Alive Foundation."

For more about Travie's travels visit: