Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today

Today i woke up at 8:30am and went to Raleigh to look at some apartments for next year. I think I've decided that I want to stay in this house with some grad students tho. I'm excited and nervous bout that but I think it will be good for me to take a risk.

Then I went to work at R&R Customs in North Gate mall. usually Tuesdays are pretty slow just like Mondays but so far it seems like this week is gonna be pretty busy. I finished my red black and white Nike dunks today (pictures will be put up soon). I'm still struggling with coming up with a design for my Filas that I want to show at the Art Life Style Tour this Friday at the 202 Lounge in Durham! (please come, advance tickets online www.artlifestyletour.info) I am also trying to come up with a design for a white or black dress that i bought a while ago but I donno what ima do wit those yet. I just want to have new stuff for ppl to see Friday.

Yesterday I left work early and worked out at the track until sundown. I was so proud of myself!! I worked myself hard and it felt good to be getting back in shape again. I have been working out once or twice a week at BEST all summer. Which is pretty sad :-( this summer is the longest amount of time I have gone without working out or training regularly, since I got serious about sports my sophomore year in high school. so this has been kinda scary for me but I think I'll be ok. lol.

Hmmm so what else is new... oh ya so I'm thinking about being a professional painter when i graduate cause I love doing Industrial Design but I'm not confident in my skills and I dont think I will get a job. Also, I think I have potential in doing gallery art and it will allow me to be more creative and express myself freely through my art, whereas with industrial design I cant really express my emotions through my products. So ya thats kinda big... I am still thinking about doing Teach for America for two years after I graduate too. which would fit better with my painting career better than it would fit with industrial design...

ok well thats enough for now... tootles!